Online registration and payment for 2015 Fall Formal Sorority Recruitment
will open Friday, May 1, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. CST.
Sorority Recruitment at UA is scheduled for Friday, August 7, 2015 - Saturday, August 15, 2015. Recruitment events will begin on the evening of Friday, August 7, 2015 with Convocation, which is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. at Coleman Coliseum. Early Move-In for participants is scheduled for Thursday, August 6, 2015 & Friday, August 7, 2015. It is important to note that Recruitment at UA is a mutual selection process and that participation in Recruitment DOES NOT guarantee a prospective member an invitation to join a sorority, nor does it obligate her to join.
Women interested in participating in 2015 Recruitment at UA will need to create an Innova Campus Director account and fill out the online 2015 Sorority Recruitment Registration Form, if they have not already so, and pay the recruitment registration fee at some point between May 1, 2015, and August 3, 2015 to confirm their recruitment registration. If you have already filled out the 2015 Sorority Recruitment Registration Form, at any point prior to August 1, 2015, you may log into your Innova Campus Director account and update your information, in addition to paying the recruitment registration fee.
While you do have the option of editing your registration application at any time prior to August 1, 2015. We suggest that prepare yourself before you start the online registration form by having the following items on hand:
Personal Information (i.e. UA CWID, UA Crimson email address, etc.)
- If you have not been assigned a UA CWID or Crimson email address at the time of your registration, you can add that information at a later date.
List of extracurricular activities, honors, community service and work experience
Sorority legacy information
Digital photograph, preferably a headshot
- Please note that a digital photograph is required as part of the online application form and there is an option for you to upload an image to your application. You cannot complete the online registration process without uploading a digital photograph.
- Photographs must be less than 1MB in size and in one of the following allowable formats: gif, jpg, jpeg, or png.
- If your image is greater than 1 MB, you will need to resize your photo using a photo editor. "Pixlr, which is a free online photo editor, can be found at http://pixlr.com/
Digital copy of your resume
- Please note that a resume is required as part of the online application form and there is an option for you to upload a copy of your social resume to your application. You cannot complete the online registration process without uploading a digital resume.
- Resumes must be less than 1MB in size and while a PDF copy is preferable, you can submit your resume in any one of the following allowable formats: doc, docx, xls, xlsx, txt, pdf, gif, jpg, jpeg.
- If your resume is greater than 1 MB, you will need to resize your document in order to upload it. To learn how to resize a PDF document, please copy the following link into your web browser: http://www.wikihow.com/Resize-And/or-Scale-PDF-Files
Digital copy of supplemental academic letter of recommendation
- This year as part of the recruitment application, women participating in recruitment may elect to submit a supplemental academic letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, or principal. The supplemental academic letter of recommendation could be particularly beneficial for women unable to identify alumnae from each of the 16 Panhellenic chapters for an official letter of recommendation. The individual writing the letter of recommendation does not have been a member of Greek organization; however, the letter should speak to your character as it applies to leadership, scholarship, community service, and friendship.
- Please note that this is an optional feature and as such, is not a required part of the online application form. If you do not have a copy of a supplemental academic letter of recommendation at the time of registration, please log back in to your account anytime prior to August 1, to upload the document.
- The supplemental academic letter of recommendations must be less than 1MB in size and while a PDF copy is preferable, you can submit the letter of recommendation in any one of the following allowable formats: doc, docx, xls, xlsx, txt, pdf, gif, jpg, jpeg.
On-campus housing and early move-in
By checking the box for Early Move-In, you are requesting to move into your on-campus housing prior to the August 15th Regular UA Move-in schedule and agreeing to the additional cost of $106.00. The additional cost covers items such as utilities for the extra days, lot security and various move-in contractors. The added cost will be included in the recruitment charge at the time of checkout.
Please note that this option is only available to students who have been assigned on-campus housing for the 2015-2016 academic year. Individuals living off-campus will need to make alternate arrangements for early move-in.