Thank you for your interest in Sorority life at The University of Alabama! If you would like to attend Panhellenic Preview Day, which is scheduled for Saturday, March 8, 2014, and have not yest registered, you can still register online, but will need to check-in at the "Onsite Registration Table" at Bryant-Denny Stadium on Friday, March 7th from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. or on Saturday, March 8th from 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE ONLINE
2014 SORORITY RECRUITMENT INTEREST FORM
We are delighted that you are interested in sorority life at The University of Alabama. In order to streamline our recruitment process, this year we have combined the Panhellenic Preview Day registration form with that of the Formal Recruitment registration form and the Sorority Recruitment Interest Database. This combined form, now referred to as the 2014 Sorority Recruitment Interest Form is an all-in-one form that can be used to register for Panhellenic Preview and Fall Formal Recruitment.
While there is no cost to participate in Panhellenic Preview Day, there is a fee associated with Fall Formal Recruitment. Women interested in participating in Fall Formal Recruitment will need to pay the online registration fee between May 1, 2014 and August 8, 2014. An email reminder will be sent at a later date to all women completing a 2014 Sorority Recruitment Interest Form.
Prospective members are encouraged to complete the online 2014 Sorority Recruitment Interest Form if any of the following statements apply:
- I plan on attending Panhellenic Preview Day on Saturday, March 8, 2014.
- I am interested in participating in Fall Formal Recruitment August 8-16, 2014
- I am interested in learning more about sorority life at The University of Alabama.
It is highly recommended that you thoroughly READ all the instructions listed below before starting the online registration process, to insure that your interest form is submitted correctly and without error. Failure to do so could result in you having to start over and resubmit a new form.
I. Verify that you are registering for the correct recruitment process
Be sure you are selecting the correct recruitment process. In order to participate in recruitment events, you must be a regularly enrolled female student or plan to be a full-time student in good standing with The University of Alabama at the time of recruitment in August.
Panhellenic Fall Sorority Recruitment is for the 16 National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) sororities currently recognized at the Capstone. They are: Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Delta Pi, Alpha Gamma Delta, Alpha Omicron Pi, Alpha Phi, Chi Omega, Delta Delta Delta, Delta Gamma, Delta Zeta, Gamma Phi Beta, Kappa Alpha Theta, Kappa Delta, Kappa Kappa Gamma, Phi Mu, Pi Beta Phi and Zeta Tau Alpha.
Please note that Sigma Delta Tau and Alpha Delta Chi do not fully participate in formal recruitment, but they will hold open recruitment events immediately following. For more information about their membership recruitment events, please visit their Chapter Profile page on the UA Panhellenic website.
II. Enable "Cookies" in your web browser
Prior to to beginning the registration process, enable the web browser that you are using to register (i.e. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.) to accept "cookies." If you do not have "cookies" enabled on your browser, prior to filling out your application, you will be have to restart the entire registration process from the beginning.
- For instructions on how to enable cookies in your web browser, please visit the following: http://www.wikihow.com/Enable-Cookies-in-Your-Internet-Web-Browser
III. Gathering supporting materials (i.e. photograph, resume, transcript, etc.)
While you do have the option of editing your registration application at any time prior to August 1, 2014. We suggest that prepare yourself before you begin completing the online registration form by having the following items on hand:
- Personal Information (i.e. UA CWID, UA Crimson email address, etc.)
- If you have not been assigned a UA CWID or Crimson email address at the time of your registration, you can add that information at a later date.
- List of extracurricular activities, honors, community service and work experience
- Sorority legacy information
- Digital photograph, preferably a headshot
- Please note that a digital photograph is required as part of the online application form and there is an option for you to upload an image to your application. You cannot complete the online registration process without uploading a digital photograph.
- Photographs must be less than 1MB in size and in one of the following allowable formats: gif, jpg, jpeg, or png.
- If your image is greater than 1 MB, you will need to resize your photo using a photo editor. "Pixlr, which is a free online photo editor, can be found at http://pixlr.com/
- Digital copy of your resume
- Please note that a resume is required as part of the online application form and there is an option for you to upload a copy of your social resume to your application. You cannot complete the online registration process without uploading a digital photograph.
- Resumes must be less than 1MB in size and while a PDF copy is preferable, you can submit your resume in any one of the following allowable formats: doc, docx, xls, xlsx, txt, pdf, gif, jpg, jpeg.
- If your resume is greater than 1 MB, you will need to resize your document in order to upload it. To learn how to resize a PDF document, please copy the following link into your web browser: http://www.wikihow.com/Resize-And/or-Scale-PDF-Files
- Digital copy of your high school or college transcript
- Please note that this will be an optional feature and is not required as part of the online application form. If you do not have a copy of your transcript at the time of registration, please log back in to your account at a later date, prior to August 1st, to add your transcript. You can also upload a partial transcript until your final transcript becomes available.
- Transcripts must be less than 1MB in size and while a PDF copy is preferable, you can submit your transcript in any one of the following allowable formats: doc, docx, xls, xlsx, txt, pdf, gif, jpg, jpeg.
IV. Completing the Online Recruitment Interest Form
Step 1 - Create an Account
To begin the registration process, please click on the "Register for Recruitment" link on the left side of the Campus Director page, which is located under the login portal. Once you click on the "Register for Recruitment" link, you will be asked to enter your email address and create a user account with a unique username and password. Once you have specified a username and password, you will be directed to Step 2. Please note that that your username and password will only become active if you finish the application in its entirety and click submit.
- The password you enter needs to be longer than 3 characters and is case sensitive.
- Your unique username and password, will allow you to log back into your personal recruitment account at anytime prior to August 1, 2014 and edit your recruitment registration form.
Step 2 - Completing the online registration form
Step 2 continues the process of registration with the completion of the online form. Please fill in the fields below as accurately as you can, and press the submit button to continue to Step 3. Please note that some fields are required and as such you cannot submit your applications without filling in the information requested.
- You will need to read the online disclosure policy and click that you accept the terms provided. While you are completing the online application, please do not use your web browser's back arrow, as you will lose all of your information.
- Please note that a digital photograph and a personal resume are required as part of the online application form and therefore, you cannot complete the online registration process without uploading both documents to your application
- After you finish uploading your picture and resume, click “Submit Registration Information.”
Step 3 - Confirming your application is correct
Step 3 of the recruitment registration involves confirming that the information that you provided in your application is correct. Once your registration is complete, an email, which includes your account login information, will be sent to the email address you listed in your application. This email will serve as confirmation of your registration and indicates that your application was successfully submitted and will be forwarded to all eighteen of the Alabama Panhellenic sororities. Please save a copy of this email and make note of your Campus Director username and password, so that you can access your account at a later date if need be.
V. Review the UA Recruitment Rules
Review the rules for Potential New Members (PNMs) located on the Alabama Panhellenic Association Website, which is located at www.uapanhellenic.com.We also recommend that you follow the UA Panhellenic Association and UA Office of Greek Affairs on Facebook and Twitter for current updates on recruitment.
If you have any additional questions or concerns regarding the 2014 Sorority Recruitment Interest Form, you can email email@example.com or you can call the Office of Greek Affairs at (205) 348-2693.
Katie Tuell, Director of Recruitment
Hannah Mancer, Assistant Director of Recruitment